The Peterborough Merit Precision Jr. A Lakers are turning to some winners to get the team...
Upcoming Practices & Games
- Man arrested after robbery at Scotiabank in Peterborough June 3, 2020Peterborough Police have made an arrest after a robbery Wednesday morning at the Scotiabank branch at Hunter and Water streets in downtown Peterborough.The arrest was made shortly after the robbery, police said, and a man is in custody.Police have not released any information yet on whether charges will be laid.There is no threat to public […]
- Homeless shelter worker assaulted in Peterborough June 3, 2020A 41-year-old Peterborough man has been arrested following a man was attacked at the city’s temporary emergency shelter for the homeless at the Peterborough Sport and Wellness Centre on Brealey Drive.At about 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday an employee was working at the shelter when he was assaulted by another man. Police were called and an […]
- Police say 64-year-old woman missing in Peterborough has been found June 3, 2020Peterborough Public said just after noon Wednesday that a missing 64-year-old woman has been found.Deborah Lee McAdam had last been seen at about 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday in the area of Hemlock Street in the west end of Peterborough, near Jackson Park.
- Escaped psychiatric patient may be heading to Peterborough June 3, 2020An escaped forensic psychiatric patient, who once stabbed his girlfriend’s roommate, has gone AWOL before and told hospital staff he would do it again.Police and doctors alerted the public to Raymond Mitchell’s escape from a Hamilton medical facility Monday because he is potentially dangerous.At least two staff members from the forensic unit at the West […]
- Peterborough Police chief takes a knee to show solidarity with Black Lives Matter rally participants June 2, 2020Hundreds of people gathered at Confederation Square for a Black Lives Matter rally Tuesday in the wake of last week’s death of George Floyd while being arrested by police in Minneapolis.Participants gathered late Tuesday morning at Millennium Park and then marched through the downtown to the Peterborough Police station.The marchers then moved to Confederation Square, […]